How do I start planning for my campaign?
- Plan early: The earlier you start planning, the more time you have to secure your booking and prepare support for your campaign.
- Be mindful of booking deadlines: The deadline to make a booking is 21 days before the banner live date. If you miss this deadline, you will not be able to select your desired live date.
- If you would like to book a Display Ad for the 12.12 campaign day, the latest you can create the booking is on November 21 (21 days before December 12).
- Confirm your booking early: The earlier you make a booking, the better chances you have of securing all the impressions you need and getting a lower CPM.
- The window for you to book a certain date starts from 3 months before that date.
- Submit creatives early and get approval: Banners need to be approved before the ads go live. If your creatives are rejected during review, you will need to refine them and submit again.
- The deadline to submit creatives is 10 days before the banner live date, but submitting earlier than that gives yourself and the Shopee team some buffer time to make adjustments to the creatives.
- Allocate sufficient ad duration & budget:
- Plan your budget: The minimum budget required for a single Display Ads campaign is MYR12,000. Depending on your selected ad duration, Shopee will automatically suggest a budget level that allows you to book all of the available impressions in that ad duration.
- Select dates in line with your campaign goal:
- If your goal is to maximise exposure, maintain an always-on campaign. Shopee does not have any maximum limit on how many dates you can select for your ad duration.
- If your goal is to increase sales, select dates where shoppers are more likely to be looking for deals, such as the weeks before and after a campaign day.
- Review Display Ads estimated results: Shopee will provide estimated impressions and expense (before tax), based on your selected ad budget and duration. We will also provide the CPM quote that will be used to calculate your final Display Ads cost for invoicing.
How do I improve my banner creatives for maximum clicks and conversions?
Review the Shopee guidelines for Display Ads creatives here. To maximise your clickthrough and conversion rates, we would advise you to:
- Use a high-quality visual to catch the attention of your potential customer.
- Highlight your promotion with a clear call to action to convert banner viewers to shop visitors.
- Align your landing page design/shop decoration with the banner message to encourage add-to-cart and purchase.